Products: Wheelchairs, Scooters and Components
The following links are to commercial product resources. Where possible, we link to manufacturers websites rather than to companies that distribute their products. Don't forget to use the non-commercial information resources in the Community Living Section of WheelchairNet and in the fact sheets below to learn more about mobility products.
Adult Manual Wheelchairs
Adult Power Wheelchairs
- AdaptaChair - a chair from Great Britain, has features including seat elevation, Recaro seat, crash tested
- Adventure - a power chair from Alber, now imported to the USA.
- Balder Power Wheelchairs - available with vertical lift, horizontal glide, Recaro seats, or tilt-in-space features. The 16" seat-to-floor height can eliminate problems with ceiling height in vans.
- Bromac Assistive Technology - elevating seat power wheelchair.
- ConvaQuip - power chairs for heavy people.
- Everest & Jennings - the developer of the first power wheelchair.
- Euroflex - site in Swedish and English.
- Falcon Rehabilitation Products - dual tilt and recline power wheelchairs.
- EZ Power - very lightweight, folding power wheelchair controlled with a joystick.
- Giraldin - an Italian company offering a folding power chairs.
- Hoveround - Personal Mobility Vehicles
- Invacare Products - a major American manufacturer of power wheelchairs.
- IBOT by Independence Technology - a Johnson & Johnson Company
- Jazzy Power Chairs - by Quantum Pride Mobility Products.
- Levo - Standing power wheelchairs from Switzerland. Check the site for international distributors.
- Magic Mobility Extreme - a 4-wheel-drive power wheelchair made in Australia.
- Meyra - a German company with a German language website. Their products are imported into the USA by SnugSeat.
- OmegaTrac - by Teftec Corporation. A powerful, heavy duty wheelchair with full suspension for use indoors and outdoors.
- Otto Bock - International site.
- Otto Bock USA - US corporate headquarters located in Minneapolis, MN.
- 21st Century Scientific, Inc. - maker of the Bounder Wheelchair
- Permobil - The Chairman line of mobility products.
- Quickie - by Sunrise-Medical - click on "Quickie," then Quickie P100, 200, 300, etc.
- Rascal - power wheelchairs and scooters.
- Redman Power Chair - independent dual action power leg rests, with power standing and recline.
- RGK Wheelchairs
- Theradyne: a division of Kurt - homecare and rehab products. Importer of Vassilli - Click on adult rehab products.
- VERTRAN (VERtical TRANsportation) - a standing wheelchair by FENA Design
- Wheelchairs of Kansas - bariatric power mobility products.
Children's Wheelchair, Buggies and Scooters
- Baby Jogger - special needs configurations available.
- Colours in Motion - Lightweight and adjustable wheelchair for children.
- Convaid - lightweight wheelchairs/strollers for children.
- Euroflex System - wheeled positioning chair.
- Etac - this site is only in Swedish at present!
- Everest & Jennings - mid-range rehab chair and manual wheelchair.
- Freedom Designs - Small Fry wheelchair.
- Gelârt International Limited - rehabilitation equipment for children with special needs and adults with disabilities.
- Global Power Systems, Inc. - Starlight pediatric powered mobility.
- Gunnell - TNT pediatric wheelchair.
- Innovative Products: BOSS, GO-BOT, BIG FOOT and GO-KART.
- Invacare Products - Power Tiger, Jymni, Terminator Jr, and Youth Mobile.
- The Jennie Company - rolling standers, floor carts, and wheelchair tables.
- Kurt Theradyne - Vassilli Power Stand-up Junior wheelchair
- Kidkart - a division of Sunrise-Medical; click on KIDKART.
- Levo Kid and Levo Junior- Standing Wheelchairs from Switzerland. Check the site for international distributors.
- OmegaTrac - by Teftec Corporation. "Growable" pediatric seating is available for this powerful, heavy duty wheelchair with full suspension for indoor and outdoor use.
- Otto Bock - website for the international company.
- Otto Bock US - SIEGER Growth Adjustable Pediatric Wheelchair and LISA Folding Buggy
- Mulholland - Sprite Systems for independent or assisted manual mobility and Growth Guidance Systems for positioning support with flexibility.
- Permobil power wheelchairs for kids - Robo - a power chair that gets kids down to the floor level for play.
- Snug Seat - wheelchairs, seating and special car seats.
- Sunrise-Medical - do a keyword search on "Quickie Kidz".
- Thomashilfen international - ergonomic and adjustable strollers for children made in Germany.
Power Add-ons for Manual Wheelchair
- Alber - German manufacturer of the following products
- e-fix - a power pack add on that converts a manual wheelchair to a joy-stick controlled power wheelchair.
- e-motion - pushrim activated power-assist push rims that can be added to a manual chair.
- viamobil - a power push and brake aid for attendant pushed wheelchairs
- Frank Mobility - the Alber products importer for the USA
- DAKA - Wheelchair Drive Unit (WDU) is an add-on electrical power unit to make wheelchairs easier for attendants to push..
- Independence Technology
- I-Glide - pushrim activated power-assist push rims available on manual wheelchair made by Johnson & Johnson
- DeltaGlide - a variable ratio power assist pushrim that responds to changes in terrain and inclination.
- Roll-Aid - a power add-on for a manual wheelchair that creates a tiller for steering.
- Soleus Mobility - a power add-on that transforms a manual wheel chair into a power wheelchair with joystick.
- Swiss-Trac - a wheelchair towing tractor that turns a wheelchair into an all-terrain wheelchair.
- Xtender -a pushrim activated power-assist push rims developed by Yamaha that is now available on Sunrise Medical's Quickie 2 manual wheelchairs. Go to "Products" and search for "Quickie Xtender."
Bariatric Mobility Products
Sports and Recreation Wheeled Mobility
- Baby Jogger - special needs and adult configurations available up to a 150 lb limit
- Colours in Motion - recreational wheelchair manufacturers.
- EagleSportsChairs - racing, basketball and tennis wheelchairs.
- Deming Designs - manufacturer of beach wheelchairs with balloon tires.
- HotShotProducts - recreational products for beach sand, snow, gravel or mud: a power beach chair, also kits for converting regular wheelchair or a stroller bases.
- Jason Marine Wheelchair
- KiliKart - a stable 5-wheeled wheelchair for rugged out-door adventuring with push and tow bars to allow all-terrain use.
- Landeeze All-terrain Wheelchair
- Mangle Brothers Trike - buy the plan to build your own LP gas-powered "wheelchair friendly" trike.
- Mogo - sports chairs.
- New Hall's Wheels - racing and sports wheelchairs.
- Roll-ability - 21 speed, clip on, handcycle attachment for manual wheelchairs
- Rural Pursuit Vehicle - 4wd, all terrain wheel - allow the operator to stay in their own wheelchair by easily rolling onto the vehicle platform.
- SoloRider Industries, Inc.- the ATeeA is an accessible golf cart for one person.
- SnowPod - hand-cranked snowmobile.
- Tiralo - floating beach chair on wheels.
- TiSport - custom-made titanium sports chairs.
- Trac About, Inc. - an individual recreational vehicle, called the IRV 2000, designed with tracks, not wheels, gives the freedom to go places that wheelchairs and scooters cannot go.
- Venture Products, Inc. - Ventrac (Model 300) - allows the wheelchair user to easily roll onto the operating platform.
- Vestil - products for beach sand, snow, wood, and rough/uneven terrain.
- See WheelchairNet links for other Adaptive Recreation Products.
Special Purpose Wheeled Mobility
- AOK Global Products -a rescue chair for transport of a disabled person down or up a flight of stairs.
- Alber - German manufacturer of the Scalamobile - a power stairclimbing climbing attachment that fits most wheelchair.
- Altimate Medical - standing frames with wheels for people with disabilities.
- Broda - chairs with wheels designed for long-term care settings.
- Convaid - lightweight folding stroller-type wheelchairs.
- Columbia Aviation Products - airline boarding chairs for commercial planes and small jets.
- Evac+Chair - for the emergency evacuation of the disabled via building fire stair.
- EvacuTrac - for emergency evacuation of persons with mobility challenges.
- EZ Chair - a foot pedal driven lightweight, folding wheelchair, steers with a single tiller on right or left hand.
- Falcon Rehabilitation Products - the "HighRider," a standing power wheelchair.
- Gelârt International Limited - designers of a combination seating/standing system on wheels for children with special needs.
- Giraldin - an Italian company offering wheelchairs with sanitary basins.
- GOVAN+ - an upholstered wheelchair designed and crash tested for use as a passenger seat in a minivan. The user, sitting in the chair, can be rolled up a portable ramps and locked into a docking plate mounted to the floor in place of any passenger seat.
- Levo - manual and power standing wheelchairs from Switzerland. Check the site for international distributors.
- Mulholland - mobility standers for children.
- Palmer Industries - neighborhood transportation products.
- PDG - Product Design Group - special application wheelchairs for individuals with need for manual tilt-in-space , with high agitation (such as in Huntington's Disease), or Bariatric needs.
- Pogon adult and child transporter - Kurt-Theradyne
- Rifton Equipment - click on mobility products for rolling standers and tricycles
- Staxi Transport Chair Systems - nestable transport chair system designed by a hospital for use in industrial, commercial and institutional settings.
- Turtle Trainer - a motorized platform for allowing manual wheelchair users to try out power mobility.
- Vivax Mobility System - a product that allows automated transfer of a person from bed to a specially designed wheelchair.
Wheelchair Attachments and Accessories
Power Wheelchair Controllers
- Adaptive Switch Laboratories, Inc.- also known as ASL, a manufacturer of high quality switches and controllers.
- Bodypoint Designs - midline joystick mounts.
- Dynamic Controls, Ltd. - click on "products" to see controllers.
- KATALAVOX - design and manufacture voice-control system.
- Lautzenhiser Drive Control - proportional drive control through movement of their head, hand, finger, or foot.
- Magitek - control of wheelchair by head. hand, finger, foot or any physical location.
- newAbilities System Inc. - the tongue-touch keypad for wheelchair (WP-100), computer and environmental control.
- Peachtree Head Control System - proportional control of a wheelchair by head movement.
- PG Drives Technology - Penny & Giles - advanced control systems for mobility devices .
- Stealth Products - mushroom joystick and others
- Therafin Corporation - sip'n puff controllers and midline swing away mounts systems.
- Whitmyer Biomechanix, Inc. - arm drive and foot drive controllers.
- Accessible Designs, Inc.
- American Airless - flat-free tire inserts.
- ComTech - plastic resin wheels and tires for wheelchairs.
- EMCO - manufacturers of PU tyres(4" to 28"), footrest , arm rest , PU tyre with rim, and tips.
- E_Z International Inc. - parts for Lark, Bravo, Ortho-Kinetics, Dart, Encore, MVP, Prowler, Rebel, Sierra, Sprit, and Triumph products.
- Frog Legs - shock absorbing front casters.
- New Halls Wheels - wheels, tires hubs.
- Interstate Batteries - click on " Products Info"
- MK Batteries
- MLB a/s Denmark - spoked and plastic wheels, quick release axles, hubs, pushrims, and Flexel puncture-proof systems.
- National Power Chair - motor rebuilds and battery chargers.
- Otto Bock - click on " rehabilitation and daily living."
- Sun Ringle' - wheelchair wheels.
- Skyway Wheels - Tuffwheels are available in numerous sizes, hubs and tire configurations.
- Taiwan Pu Corporation - specializes in wheels and casters.
- Three Rivers - natural-fit handrims.
- TriQuality, Inc. - wheelchair replacement parts.
- Vulcan Wheels - wheelchair wheels.
- WheelchairParts.net - wheelchair and scooter parts.
Code of Ethics and Credentials for Rehabilitation Technology Suppliers
Wheelchair Distributors and Sellers
(Caution: These distributors and sellers are not affiliated with the University of Pittsburgh or WheelchairNet. Conduct business with them at your own risk.)
- Abbey Medical - click on "our products" and then "wheelchairs & accessories."
- Ability to Independence - all brands of wheelchairs.
- Advanced Driving Systems, Inc.
- Affordable Option - wheelchair parts at warehouse prices.
- Affordable Mobility Direct - power wheelchairs and electric scooters.
- Apex Battery - batteries for all brands of power wheelchairs and electric scooters.
- Disabled Dealer - a national network of regional franchises in the United States that sell pre-owned as well as new equipment: homes, RV's, wheelchairs, scooters, vans, lifts and more.
- 1stSeniorCare - provides products and concise information regarding wheelchairs, scooters, bariatric products and recliner chairs.
- Jazzy Electric wheelchairs - a distributor of wheelchairs and wheelchair accessories.
- The MED Group - a network of Medical Equipment Distributors.
- Mobility Express - seller powerchairs and electric wheelchairs.
- Rehab Designs - distributor of wheelchairs and scooters.
- Scooters Discounters - sells scooters at discount prices.
- Scooters Link -sells scooters, wheelchairs, and lift chairs, with special pricing for the uninsured.
- Source One Mobility - sells power wheelchairs.
- SpinLife - sells wheelchairs, wheelchair accessories, electric scooters, lifts, and walkers.
- Mail Order Medical Supply - sells wheelchairs, scooters, canes and walkers.
- Microsafe - sells mobility products in Australia.
- New England Medical System - sells wheelchairs and scooters.
- The Wheelchairs Site - independent consumer's guide to wheelchairs, scooters, and accessories
- 1-800-wheelchair.com - provider of wheelchairs and mobility aids.
Last Updated: 3-2-2006