International Developments in Wheelchair Research
International Disability Programs
- Center for International Rehabilitation - develops technologies and programs to help people with disabilities worldwide reach their full potential.
- Disability People International - promote human rights of disabled people through full participation, equalization of opportunity and development.
- Disability, Pregnancy & Parenthood international - promotes better awareness and support for disabled people during pregnancy and as parents.
- Disability International Foundation - providing global awareness, consultation, networking, publications, and training for the inclusion of people with disabilities.
- Inclusion International - dedicated to the protection and promotion of the rights of persons with intellectual disabilities.
- International Association for Disability and Oral Health - strive to improve access to, and the quality of, oral health for people with disabilities.
- International Centre/Center for Bioethics, Culture and Disability
- International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health
- The International Center for Disability Resources on the Internet
- International Disability and Development Consortium - promote the rights of disabled people through collaboration and sharing of information and expertise.
- Mental Disability Rights International - publishes reports on human rights enforcement, and promotes international oversight of the rights of people with mental disabilities.
- Mobility International USA - empowering people with disabilities around the world by inclusion in international exchange and international development programs.
- Rehabilitation International - network of people with disabilities, service providers and government agencies working to improve the quality of life for disabled people and their families.
- UN Enable - assist in promoting effective measures for prevention of disability, rehabilitation, and the realization of the goals for people with disabilities.
- TASH - an international association of people with disabilities, their family members, other advocates, and professionals fighting for inclusion of all people in all aspects of society.
- World Association of Persons with Disabilities - advances the interests of persons with disAbilities at national, state, local and home levels.
- World Institute on Disability - dedicated to promoting the civil rights and full societal inclusion of people with disabilities.
Back to Wheelchair University
Last Updated: 3-2-2006